MAYHEM 2023 CHALLENGE
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
SPONSOR. This contest is sponsored by Rich Froning Fitness, LLC d/b/a CrossFit Mayhem (“Sponsor”). References to Sponsor in this Agreement shall refer solely to the company sponsoring the contest and, its parent company, affiliates, subsidiaries, and respective employees, officers, and directors.
ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL, AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST CONSTITUTES YOUR AGREEMENT TO AND ACCEPTANCE OF THE OFFICIAL RULES (“RULES”) BELOW.
1. ELIGIBILITY. Open to residents of the all countries, 18 years of age and older as of [January 1, 2023], except employees of Sponsor and other companies associated with the promotion of the Contest, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising and promotion agencies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible to win a prize (but may still compete!). The Contest is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Your participation is governed by the laws of Tennessee in the United States. Your participation may be limited by the laws of your local jurisdiction. Your participation does not constitute Mayhem’s submission to the laws of your residency.
2. AGREEMENT TO RULES. Participation in the Contest constitutes your agreement to and acceptance of these Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning the Prize is contingent upon being and staying compliant with these Rules.
3. CONTEST PERIOD. The Contest begins on [January 1, 2023] at [12:01 a.m. CT] through [January 31, 2023] at [11:59 p.m. CT] (the “Contest Period”). Entries that are submitted before or after the Contest Period will be disqualified.
4. HOW TO ENTER. During the Contest Period, you, as a contest entrant, may enter [MAYHEM 2023 CHALLENGE] (“Contest”) by complying with the following Rules. Your entry must fulfill all Contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win the prize. Entries that are incomplete or submitted without following the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
Use of any robotic, automatic, programmed, or similar entry method or entering more than the number of times permitted will void all entries and result in disqualification. You may enter only once. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules your entry may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
The entrant with the most points will be the sole winner based on the following point distribution and judging criteria.
5. POINT DISTRIBUTION. Points for the Contest will be distributed as follows:
- Daily workout in the app = 1 point/daily with a 5 points per week maximum
- Daily fistbump and comment in the app = 1 point/daily with a 5 points per week maximum
- Post your workouts to Instagram or Facebook & Tag Mayhem Athlete (@mayhemathlete) = 1 point/daily with a 5 points per week maximum
- Follow Mayhem Athlete (@mayhemathlete) on Instagram = 2 points/once
- Follow Crossfit Mayhem (@thecrossfitmayhem) on Instagram = 2 points/once
- Subscribe to Mayhem Athlete Youtube Channel (@mayhemathlete) = 5 points/once
- Subscribe to Crossfit Mayhem Youtube Channel (@CFProjectMayhem) = 5 points/once
- Join SMS text list https://mayhemnation.attn.tv/p/GqJ/landing-page = 5 points/once
- Post a before and after photo as a social media post on Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, OR Youtube = 10 points/once
- Sign up for one year with Mayhem Athlete [https://www.mayhemathletes.com/2023challenge/] = 20 points/once
6. JUDGING CRITERIA. The entrant with the most points will be deemed the sole winner. In the case of a tie, the winner will be randomly drawn from the total athletes who complete all requirements + all 115 points.
7. CONTEST WINNER. On or about the end of the Contest Period, Sponsor will tally the number of eligible entries and points received by each entrant in the Contest.
Sponsor will then attempt to notify the potential winner via direct Instagram message or email on or about the end of the Contest Period. If you are eligible for a prize or reward, you will be notified by direct Instagram message or email. You will be required to respond to the Sponsor within five (5) days of the date of notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim your Reward. If you cannot be contacted, or you fail to respond appropriately within the required time period, or the Reward is returned as undeliverable, you forfeit your Reward.
ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN THE WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST AND WILL NO LONGER BE CONSIDERED AN ELIGIBLE PARTICIPANT. All income taxes resulting from acceptance of prize are the responsibility of winner.
8. ODDS OF WINNING. The odds of winning depend on the total number of entries received. Since points are allocated based on the number of eligible actions taken (see above “Point Distribution” in Section 5), this Contest is a skill contest where you gain rewards by taking steps in the contest to earn the number of points associated with each level. In the instance of a tie in points at the conclusion of the Contest, the winner will be chosen in accordance with the Judging Criteria (Section 6).
9. NAME & LIKENESS. Acceptance of a prize also constitutes permission to the Sponsor to use winner’s name and likeness for marketing purposes without further compensation or right of approval, unless prohibited by law. All federal and state laws apply.
10. GENERAL CONDITIONS. In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, technical problems, security malfunctions or in the event the Contest is unable to run as planned for any other reason, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (1) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Rules; or (2) terminate the Contest and, in the event of termination, no participant shall be eligible for a Prize of any type.
Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Rules or in a disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to damage the website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest including, but not limited to; multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computing device in excess of that allowed by contest rules; or the use of bots, employed humans to create false entries, macros or scripts or other technical means for entering may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages (including attorney’s fees) and any other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
11. RELEASE & LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. By entering this contest, entrants waive all right to, and hold the Sponsor and Promotion Parties harmless from, any claim, liability, loss, damage (including punitive, incidental, and consequential damages), or expense (including attorneys’ fees) arising out of or in connection with participation in this Contest or the acceptance, use, or misuse of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) any technical errors associated with the Contest, including lost, interrupted or unavailable Internet Service Provider (ISP), network, server, or wireless service provider; (b) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (c) mechanical human, printing or typographical errors; or (d) injury, death, losses or damages of any kind, to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from your participation in the Contest or acceptance, receipt or misuse of any Prize you may receive.
You further agree that in any cause of action, the Sponsor’s liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Contest, and in no event shall the entrant be entitled to receive attorney’s fees. The Sponsor and Promotion Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest.
12. PRIZE. The total prize value is a one-time payment of $10,000.00. No substitution or transfer of prize is permitted by winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. If a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by following the above point distribution and judging criteria.
13. CHOICE OF LAW AND FORUM. Entrant agrees that all matters arising out of or relating to this Contest and these Official Rules are governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Tennessee, without giving effect to any of its conflict of laws provisions thereof. Entrant further agrees that any legal suit, action, or proceeding arising out of or relating to this Contest and these Official Rules shall be brought exclusively in the applicable federal or state courts located in Cookeville, Tennessee.